You’ll drive the most scenic road of the city of Florence, called VIALE DEI COLLI. Nearby you can also see the gorgeous white and green marble façade of the S. Miniato al Monte Church – one of the purest examples of the Florentine Romanesque style.
After leaving the church, in this Florence tour, we follow an uphill road, bordered by the ancient city walls, until we reach Forte Belvedere, built around 1590 by the Grand-duke Ferdinand to protect the Medici villas. Driving down from the Fort, passing the old gate to the city, the Porta Romana, we come to the imposing Pitti Palace, which hosts many galleries and museums (Gallery of Modern Art, Costume Gallery, Palatine Gallery,Royal Apartments, Coach Museum, Silver and Porcelain museums, etc) and a magnificent park called the Boboli Gardens. Next we head for the core center of the downtown, to the Piazza della Repubblica, surrounded by the historical literary cafés, where long ago important intellectuals gathered together. Following the Via De’Calzaiuoli, which connects Piazza del Duomo ( S. Maria del Fiore, the Baptistery, Giotto’s Bell tower) to Piazza Signoria (Palazzo Vecchio, Uffizi, etc.) you will be able to admire the best masterpieces of Renaissance art, breathing in the magical atmosphere that only Florence can offer… a marvelous tour of Florence.
- Pick up in La Spezia
- Immediate departure for Florence (Approximately 2 Hour Drive)
- Photo stop from the famous Piazzale Michelangelo
- Free time (Approximately 4 Hours)
- Pick up and drive back to La Spezia
- Availability: all year round
- Disables and reduced mobility people friendly: Yes, if requested
- Tour duration: 8 hours
- Activity Level: low (low/moderate/high)
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes
- Pick up suggested: 8.30 am
- Including: parking, tolls and fuel
- Price: (per party, not per person), depending on duration, pick-up location and group size
- Not included: admission ticket for churches and museums
- Pick up location: your accommodation (cruises, hotels, villas, B&B, etc.)
- NO hidden surprises, and your rate is confirmed before you book
- veh’s fleet is formed by exclusive private mercedes Sedan, Van and Bus
- the drivers are licensed, insured, regulated and vaccinated
- english speaking driver if requested
- thanks to our authorizations, we can access to any historical centres
- bottled water onboard
- highly competitive rates (same price, or even lower, than a normal taxi)
- C-19 compliance standards
Notes and Instructions for cruise passengers
Please note that the driver is not able to leave the vehicle and accompany you to specific sites in the centre due to strict parking regulations in the city centres.
This activity will end right where it started.