This private day tour from La Spezia begins with an approx. 80minutes drive (traffic pending) to reach Portofino. During the scenic journey in the comfort of an executive Minivan. This private day tour ensures a personalized experience based on your interests with the utmost flexibility to explore at your own pace. The former fishing village of Portofino holds the Italian Riviera monopoly on luxury and sophistication. Once an ancient Roman colony Portofino offers lush Mediterranean hillside forests loaded with history and astonishing beauty. This picturesque tiny fishing village with pastel houses lining the shore of the harbor has been a destination of the rich and famous for more than half a century. Liz Taylor, Richard Burton and Humphrey Bogart chose Portofino as a perfect hideaway.
Next stop is Santa Margherita, another charming fishing harbor where you can have a walk along the promenade lined with palm trees and have a refreshing ice-cream.
Now we will drive you along the Gulf of Poets as far as the UNESCO site of Portovenere which, not surprisingly, was called as the Venus harbour. You may visit the village that was founded by the Genoese in the 1100 A.C. to be their port and stronghold in the eastern Liguria. Northern border of the Gulf of Poets, with Roman roots, it offers a wonderful view. There is a castle, on the top of the hill, and the solid St. Peter’s church, as a stone bow on the wind, looking over the rugged coast.
- Availability: all year round
- Disables and reduced mobility people friendly: Yes, if requested
- Tour duration: 8 hours
- Activity Level: low (low/moderate/high)
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes
- Pick up suggested: 9.00 am
- Including: parking, tolls and fuel
- Price: (per party, not per person), depending on duration, pick-up location and group size
- Not included: admission ticket for churches and museums
- Pick up location: your accommodation (cruises, hotels, villas, B&B, etc.)
- NO hidden surprises, and your rate is confirmed before you book
- veh’s fleet is formed by exclusive private mercedes Sedan, Van and Bus
- the drivers are licensed, insured, regulated and vaccinated
- english speaking driver if requested
- thanks to our authorizations, we can access to any historical centres
- bottled water onboard
- highly competitive rates (same price, or even lower, than a normal taxi)
- C-19 compliance standards
Notes and Instructions for cruise passengers
Please note that the driver is not able to leave the vehicle and accompany you to specific sites in the centre due to strict parking regulations in the city centres.
This activity will end right where it started.